1. Do you meet on Sundays?
Yes! Starting on June 7, we have a drive in service @9am in the NW Corner of our parking lot. Check out our social distancing guidelines before attending. We also have our Sunday Morning Show every Sunday @10:30am on our YouTube channel.
2. I'm not ready to gather in person yet. What can I do?
For those that do not feel comfortable attending our drive-in services in person, we will have an option to telephone in to the service. To conference call in to our services, dial (507) 299-1884 and enter conference code 345988 when prompted. This will allow you to participate in our service over the phone.
Also, please see the weekly Bible readings, study guide, and prayer guide listed below. Do these pieces alone or with your family as part of your daily discipleship.
3. How are you helping the community?
Homestead Church seeks to be a community of love and compassion - and we are still capable of being in community with one another while practicing social distancing. Each of us should try to be hands and feet of Jesus during these difficult times.
4. What are your plans going forward?
We are closely following the guidelines of Bishop Ough, which has a phased plan for church gatherings. As of right now, this means that there are no in-person gatherings planned inside of the church.
If you have any questions, please feel free to send us an email.
Your Homestead Church Family
We rolled out our new YouTube Live show this week! Our Sunday Morning Show had a good run, and you can view all of our past videos here. Our new UNAPOLOGETICS show airs each Sunday at 10:30am!
Daily Bible Readings from the Lectionary
- Monday, June 15, 2020: Psalm 126; Genesis 23:1-19; 1 Thessalonians 3:1-5
- Tuesday, June 16, 2020: Psalm 126; Genesis 25:7-11; 2 Thessalonians 2:13-3:5
- Wednesday, June 17, 2020: Psalm 126; Nehemiah 9:1-8; Luke 6:12-19
- Thursday, June 18, 2020: Psalm 86:1-10; Exodus 12:43-49; Hebrews 2:5-9
- Friday, June 19, 2020: Psalm 86:1-10; Genesis 35:1-4; Acts 5:17-26
- Saturday, June 20, 2020: Psalm 86:1-10; Ezekiel 29:3-7; Luke 11:53-12:3
- Sunday, June 21, 2020: Genesis 21:8-21 and Psalm 86:1-10, 16-17 • Jeremiah 20:7-13 and Psalm 69:7-10, (11-15), 16-18 • Romans 6:1b-11 • Matthew 10:24-39
- Monday, June 22, 2020: Psalm 86:11-17; Genesis 16:1-15; Revelation 2:1-7
- Tuesday, June 23, 2020: Psalm 86:11-17; Genesis 25:12-18; Revelation 2:8-11
- Wednesday, June 24, 2020: Psalm 86:11-17; Jeremiah 42:18-22; Matthew 10:5-23
Questions to Answer for Bible Study (choose one passage from each daily list)
- What does this passage teach me about God?
- What does this passage teach me about humanity?
- How should I respond to God in light of this passage?
- What impact does this have on my life today?
Dedicated Prayer (try for at least five minutes per day)
- Begin with praising God, and thank God for all the good in your life
- Ask that God’s will would be done in your life, your church’s life, and the wider world
- Pray for things that are on your heart, things that worry you, or things you need
- Ask for God’s forgiveness for the sin in your life and ask for help in forgiving those who have harmed you
- Pray that God’s Holy Spirit would be with you and enable you to live a Christ-like life this week
Being Christ’s Hands and Feet This Week
- Strive to be a servant to someone at least once this week. If you find that too easy, shoot for serving once a day.
- Send someone an encouraging message.
- Call (yes, on the phone) someone you love and check in on them.
- Offer to help a neighbor or friend that may need assistance getting supplies from the store.