Growing In My Faith Weekly guide
Daily Bible Readings from the Lectionary
- Monday, January 18, 2021: Psalm 86; 1 Samuel 9:27-10:8; 2 Corinthians 6:14-7:1
- Tuesday, January 19, 2021: Psalm 86; 1 Samuel 15:10-31; Acts 5:1-11
- Wednesday, January 20, 2021: Psalm 86; Genesis 16:1-14; Luke 18:15-17
- Thursday, January 21, 2021: Psalm 62:5-12; Jeremiah 19:1-15; Revelation 18:11-20
- Friday, January 22, 2021: Psalm 62:5-12; Jeremiah 20:7-13; 2 Peter 3:1-7
- Saturday, January 23, 2021: Psalm 62:5-12; Jeremiah 20:14-18; Luke 10:13-16
- Sunday, January 24, 2021: Third Sunday after the Epiphany
- Monday, January 25, 2021: Psalm 46; Genesis 12:1-9; 1 Corinthians 7:17-24
- Tuesday, January 26, 2021: Psalm 46; Genesis 45:25-46:7; Acts 5:33-42
- Wednesday, January 27, 2021: Psalm 46; Proverbs 8:1-21; Mark 3:13-19a
- Thursday, January 28, 2021: Psalm 111; Deuteronomy 3:23-29; Romans 9:6-18
- Friday, January 29, 2021: Psalm 111; Deuteronomy 12:28-32; Revelation 2:12-17
- Saturday, January 30, 2021: Psalm 111; Deuteronomy 13:1-5; Matthew 8:28-9:1
- Sunday, January 31, 2021: Fourth Sunday after the Epiphany
Questions to Answer for Bible Study (choose one passage from each daily list)
- What does this passage teach me about God?
- What does this passage teach me about humanity?
- How should I respond to God in light of this passage?
- What impact does this have on my life today?
Dedicated Prayer (try for at least five minutes per day)
- Begin with praising God, and thank God for all the good in your life
- Ask that God’s will would be done in your life, your church’s life, and the wider world
- Pray for things that are on your heart, things that worry you, or things you need
- Ask for God’s forgiveness for the sin in your life and ask for help in forgiving those who have harmed you
- Pray that God’s Holy Spirit would be with you and enable you to live a Christ-like life this week
Being Christ’s Hands and Feet This Week
- Strive to be a servant to someone at least once this week.
If you find that too easy, shoot for serving once a day.
- Send someone an encouraging message.
- Call (yes, on the phone) someone you love and check in on them.
- Offer to help a neighbor or friend that may need assistance getting supplies from the store.